- 1. Finding a Minecraft Mod
- 2. 1. Find your Mincraft mods folder.
- 3. 2. Put mod files in the mods folder
- 4. 3. Restart your game
- 5. Tips
- 6. Related
- 6.0.1. Advanced Farming and Herding Guide
- 6.0.2. Building a Basic Camp in Rust
- 6.0.3. How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer
- 6.0.4. How to Avoid Starvation in Rust
- 6.0.5. How to Setup WorkshopDL for Garry’s Mod
- 6.0.6. How to Accept the Minecraft EULA
- 6.0.7. How to Create an Epic Rust Server
- 6.0.8. Add Workshop Mods to an Unturned Server
- 7. About This Article
Setting up a Minecraft mod can be a tough process for someone who is new to modding. I have compiled an easy to follow guide to make it a little easier for those who need to install mods for Minecraft.
Finding a Minecraft Mod
First, find the mod you want. A great site that is updated daily with new amazing mods is Curse Forge. Make sure that you are running the required version of Minecraft for the particular mod you choose, or it will not work! Download the mod, which should be a .jar file, making sure to save it somewhere you can easily access, such as a new folder on your desktop.
1. Find your Mincraft mods folder.
Go to your user “AppData” folder (Search for %appdata% with Windows search feature) folder, click the folder named “.minecraft,” (If you cannot find it then click view and make sure all hidden files are being shown.)
2. Put mod files in the mods folder
Next, find the mods folder and just simply place the mod .jar file in the folder.
3. Restart your game
Restart your game to finish the mod installation. You should now be able to play Minecraft with your newly installed mod.
- You may need software to unzip the Minecraft mod. We recommend using WinRar to unzip downloaded mods.