- 1. Where to find Minecraft Servers to Play On
- 2. 1. Join a Minecraft Server Using an IP Address
- 3. 2. Host a Server on your Local Area Network (LAN)
- 4. Tips
- 5. Related
- 5.1. Advanced Farming and Herding Guide
- 5.2. Building a Basic Camp in Rust
- 5.3. How to Install Minecraft Mods
- 5.4. How to Avoid Starvation in Rust
- 5.5. How to Setup WorkshopDL for Garry’s Mod
- 5.6. How to Accept the Minecraft EULA
- 5.7. How to Create an Epic Rust Server
- 5.8. Add Workshop Mods to an Unturned Server
- 6. About This Article
In Minecraft you have two options when it comes to multiplayer. Which option you choose will depend on if you want to play locally (LAN) or with people that are not playing on the same connection as you. Minecraft uses IP addresses in order to connect you to a server of your choice.
Where to find Minecraft Servers to Play On
There are many popular and populated Minecraft servers that you can pick from. Finding a Minecraft server that looks interesting to you is as simple as doing a search for Minecraft servers on Google!
Once you do find a server that you want to join, all that you have to do is find their IP address, which is almost always listed on their webpage.
1. Join a Minecraft Server Using an IP Address
Once you have a server’s IP address, simply open Minecraft, choose the multiplayer option, type in the IP address, click join, and, if everything went correctly, in seconds you will be on the Minecraft server that you chose.
2. Host a Server on your Local Area Network (LAN)
If you want to play with another person and they are on the same connection as you, but are using another computer, than you do not need to type in an IP address to play with them. All that you have to do is, first, log onto the world you want to play on, hit your escape key, choose the LAN option, pick all of the rules that you want the world to have, and now the other person should be able to detect your world within their Minecraft. The person using the other computer now needs to click on your world, and you should now both be logged onto the same world!
- In order to have the least server lag, the person who has the fastest computer and internet connection speed should be the one who hosts the server, so that the server has the most resources available to perform well.