- 1. What is WorkshopDL for Garry’s Mod?
- 2. How Do I Setup WorkshopDL?
- 3. Related
- 3.0.1. Advanced Farming and Herding Guide
- 3.0.2. Building a Basic Camp in Rust
- 3.0.3. How to Install Minecraft Mods
- 3.0.4. How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer
- 3.0.5. How to Avoid Starvation in Rust
- 3.0.6. How to Accept the Minecraft EULA
- 3.0.7. How to Create an Epic Rust Server
- 3.0.8. Add Workshop Mods to an Unturned Server
- 4. About This Article
Learn how to setup WorkshopDL for Garry's mod and add mods to gmod at the click of a button.
What is WorkshopDL for Garry’s Mod?
WorkshopDL is used to allow players to be able to see any custom textures or materials. This method uses Valve’s download service and makes your players download directly from the workshop when using this method. This method is the easiest and quickest method however it may not work 100% of the time.
How Do I Setup WorkshopDL?
- Login into your gamepanel and click File Manager OR login to FTP.
- Navigate to the following directory: “garrysmod/lua/autorun/server”.
- Create a file called “workshop.lua” and click the edit button (pencil icon).
- Find the addon that you want to add to “WorkshopDL” and find the id for the addon for example https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557962280 the id of this addon is “557962280“
- Finally create a line in the “workshop.lua” file called “resource.AddWorkshop( ‘YourAddonID” ) — YourAddonName”. The “YourAddonName” part is not a requirement however can help for the future incase you want to remove anything from the file.
That’s all you have to do to setup WorkshopDL in your Garry’s Mod server. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments!
About This Article
This article was authored by Krypton Networks. Krypton Networks was founded in the late months of 2016 and started development on the 2nd of January. We are a cheap yet powerful service provider for our various clients that want to start their own communities, companies or just to have a private game with a friend. Krypton Networks was originally founded by both Lachlan Laypang (Managing Director) and William Morrow (System Administrator). As of June 2017, we are currently one of the leading game hosting providers out of the many others for Garry’s Mod and we are followed by other big companies such as WHMCS on our social media. We are a great value provider and have a great staff team who are very knowledgeable in their field. Our support staff are constantly on hand and will help you through everything step by step so you can create a server no matter how good you are at coding or creating servers. If you really need to you can also get us to do it for you! (DarkRP Only). We will also transfer all of your game files for you. We can talk you through it through a support ticket or you can speak to us using our discord! We also use Crisp Live Chat so we can handle all your questions straight away.