What is WorkshopDL for Garry’s Mod?
WorkshopDL is used to allows players to be able to see any custom textures or materials. This method uses Valve’s download service and makes your players download directly from the workshop when using this method. This method is the easiest and quickest method however it may not work 100% of the time.
How Do I Setup WorkshopDL?
- Login into your gamepanel and click File Manager OR login to FTP.
- Navigate to the following directory: “garrysmod/lua/autorun/server”.
- Create a file called “workshop.lua” and click the edit button (pencil icon).
- Find the addon that you want to add to “WorkshopDL” and find the id for the addon for example https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557962280 the id of this addon is “557962280“
- Finally create a line in the “workshop.lua” file called “resource.AddWorkshop( ‘YourAddonID” ) — YourAddonName”. The “YourAddonName” part is not a requirement however can help for the future incase you want to remove anything from the file.
That’s all you have to do to setup WorkshopDL in your Garry’s Mod server. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments!